Thursday, June 30, 2011

The very first one

This was my very first attempt at fondant. I found a recipe for the homemade marshmallow fondant and decided to make a cake for my daughter's first birthday.

While the fondant turned out well, I hadn't bothered to learn about plain ol' icing's role...

The site I used said I could use a jam spread, and while it kept it on the cake, it certainly did nothing for it's smoothness....and you can see where the strawberries oozed a little under the butterfly and roses. 

But, we are nothing if we don't learn from the past - so, here it is :)





That poor cake...



1 year olds don't care what they look like though!


Here was K's 'smash' cake. I'm a terrible mom. I didn't want her having all that sugar from the frosting... she might be the only kid who never put her hands near the cake though!


And, while we're on topic...

Here she is looking cute at the party.

This is also the first time I used my favorite white cake recipe. I'll get around to posting that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment