Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sneak Peek!

Well, I'm anxious to get these cakes finished tonight for the big surprise tomorrow, but I couldn't wait to share the beauty of the inside of these cakes!

I'm making two different 8" round cakes for .... well ... I don't feel like I can say just yet. On the offhand chance they find my blog before the big reveal tomorrow... well, I'd just feel awful for ruining it!

But in the meantime.... here are some baking pics of the cakes (the decorations will get finished tonight)

The first is an ombre cake. I've seen a few on pinterest with the frosting in a gradient, but I liked this one the best - almost like a surprise in the cake! 

Only, I chose blue :)


It almost looks like a tin pan of tempra paint!!

And such pretty shades! 


I used Wilton's Gel Coloring in royal blue and teal, with a little mixing in between...


And then once they were frosted and stacked.....



Super fun!


The second cake was decided because I knew the 4 and 5 year olds would love to see the inside!

I let K pick out the colors....I think she did marvelously! 






So, do you know what these three bulls-eyes will make in the stack? 


Check back this weekend to see the inside cuts and decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment