Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lakers win in '10!

So, my friend Jessica's family moved to Texas from California. 

And they're ridiculously huge Lakers fans! 

So, when their 10th wedding anniversary happened to be so close to the Lakers victory in 2010, she knew exactly the cake she wanted to surprise her husband with! 

We tossed a few ideas back and forth, and after a little googling, inspiration hit!

Once again, my procrastination tried to get the better of me. Let's just say in the future, I'll not be making cakes for parties I'm attending and wanting to spend a little time looking nice for. It's too much.

Anyway, I really enjoyed how this cake turned out, but I wish I had a better picture of it, instead of the one with my fondant and powdered sugar mess at the top of my workstation!


I will say that when I posted this on facebook, one friend said she actually thought it was a shirt at first look. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment